I missed this yesterday! Benjamin was 28 months on the 24th. Both pictures show his little personality so well that I couldn't decide on just one to post. Doesn't he look like a such a trouble-maker in that bottom one?
Apparently, this month brings milestones like extreme opinionatedness (is that a word?) and asomewhat unhealthy obsession with heat pumps. Seriously though, he is so much fun.
His favorite things right are building elaborate block towers, roller coasters and tunnels for his trains. (the last two he needs our help with... so Tom and I have the chance to get VERY creative with legos) He also likes to jump off of things, as I have mentioned before. He doesn't seem to notice or care how high something is. He just knows he wants to jump off of it. Sometimes, he will say, "Jump to daddy?" or "Jump to mommy?" But he usually jumps before we're even ready to catch him!
His language is truly an amazing tranformation from just six months ago. It has been fascinating to watch it develop so quickly almost out of nowhere. Now, his thoughts are so complex, he can actually do things like NEGOTIATE with us, which kind of catches us off guard. For example:
Us: Ben, you need to eat two more bites of dinner and then you can have two M&M's.
Ben: Okay. Yes. Two more bites and then I get M&M's AND go see the heat pump in the backyard.
Us: Uhh... deal?
This past month has also brought with it a little bit of separation anxiety, but we're working on that. Now, when he reassures himself over and over that "Daddy always comes back" is sounds more like, "Silly boy, daddy ALWAYS comes back! Of COURSE he does!" :) We test the waters with Sunday school again this weekend. Wish us luck.
All in all? I'd say 2-1/2 is the best age yet! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment